Nakasero Hospital is a private hospital that was started by a group of consultant doctors in 2009 who came together with the goal of setting up a world-class hospital that would meet the healthcare needs of Ugandans and East Africans who were seeking medical treatment outside the region due to the gap in quality healthcare services in the country.
In all we do, we must remember this background and uphold this goal, guided by the vision, mission, and values of the hospital.
Our mission is to provide quality, sustainable, compassionate health care by leveraging local and international talent and state-of-the-art technology.
As such, we are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of cafeteria cashier.
Interested candidates should be able to
Responsible for providing excellent customer service through accurately receiving customer orders and handling all cash and credit transactions within the hospital premises.
The post holder is required to:
- Provide pricing information to customers.
- Balance the cash drawer by counting cash at the beginning and end of work shifts.
- Prepare a daily report on cash sales and ensure that the credit sales are matching the information in the debtor’s book.
- Input meal orders via a point-of-sale (POS) platform.
- Resolve customer issues and answer questions about cafeteria products.
- Advise on price changes for the point of sale (POS) platform in liaison with the accounts officer.
- Collect payments by accepting cash, chequing, and mobile money.
- Control credit card authorization systems and verify credit approval.
- Maintain a clean and orderly workstation.
- Display changes in the rates of food items near the cash counter and in the menu booklet for customer awareness.
- Tabulate data regarding bills and total amounts in cash registers.
- Receive stock from the production team and store clerk and account for it on a daily basis.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in computer use (Microsoft Excel) and ERPs
- Self-motivated and result-oriented
- Provides a pleasant and efficient customer-focused experience.
- Must be adept at handling money, currencies, and coins.
Knowledge, Qualifications, and Experience
- A Diploma in Business Studies, Management, Accounting, or Finance
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role.
Candidates that have relevant experience, meet the above criteria, and have what it takes to excel in the above position should submit their applications, curriculum vitae, and academic certificates to email@example.com addressed to the Human Resource Manager. Not later than Wednesday, April 5, 2023.
Nakasero Hospital provides an equal opportunity for all qualified persons and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, ethnicity, tribe, national origin, ancestry, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, or any other protected status.
Canvassing or lobbying by an applicant, directly or indirectly, in connection with any appointment shall disqualify the applicant.
Nakasero Hospital does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.