7th August 2018
We are looking for a candidate to fill the position of Total Quality Manager as indicated below:
Number of positions – (1)
Interested candidates should be able to:
Design and implement hospital-wide and departmental quality procedures, standards and specifications and provide quality assurance through the assessment and analysis of hospital operations and processes.
Key Result areas
The post holder is required to:-
• Design and implement the Total Quality Management strategy for the hospital
• Set up and maintain controls and documentation procedures to meet quality, risk and patient safety standards while complying with all regulatory requirements
• Undertake quality and clinical audits as due in conjunction with the Quality Management and Control framework and other departmental heads.
• Identify, access and manage all risks pertaining to Quality Management within the hospital including the establishment and maintenance of risk registers and leading investigations into quality incidents and compliance matters
• Ensure compliance to Environmental and Social due diligence requirements pertaining to hospital Quality Management
• Define quality levels of staff and healthcare activities and support attainment of agreed levels through the development of effective quality control processes.
• Communicate to clients on quality matters as the focal point.
• Approve the right products and rejecting defectives.
• Create, coordinate and supervision of quality management framework/ team and conduct staff training in quality control
• Acts as catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality.
• Leads the process of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) formulation, evaluation and certification for administrative, medical staff supervisors, and department heads
• Works to ensure that quality improvement and innovation work remains focused on one or more of the following goals: patient-centeredness, process efficiency and waste reduction, and safe and reliable patient care.
• Lead the hospital accreditation processes.
• Understand customer needs and requirements and make sure they are met through developing effective quality control processes. Engagement of patients to receive and act upon their feedback
• Monitor progress towards attainment of quality goals by collecting accurate, timely data to display the quality, cost, and service outcomes and prepare management reports.
• Effectively communicate improvements that are made to work teams, staff, managers, and administrators throughout the organization.
• Maintains accountability for ongoing self-development activities, especially related to presentation facilitation, change management and application of quality improvement activities.
• When assigned, completes special projects and performs other related duties according to agreed-upon goals and parameters.
• Perform other duties as you may be assigned by the supervisor.
• Knowledge of information systems and process improvement techniques is also required.
• Data management and analysis expertise is essential, specifically Excel.
• Quality Management training or certification
• Project Management Training or certification
• A good understanding of the medical/health care and hospitality industry.
• Nursing Management Experience
• In depth understanding of quality control procedures and relevant legal standards
• An able influencer of people
• High Integrity
• Good negotiation skills
• Effective communication skills and client relationship management skills.
• Self-motivated and result orientated
• Effective time management and organizational skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
Knowledge/Qualifications and Experience
• Educated to Degree level in a healthcare related discipline. Bachelor of Nursing or other Medical qualification is an added advantage
• Master’s Degree in Healthcare related field is an added advantage
• Preferred Experience in a Quality Management of at least 3-5 years in the healthcare sector.
• Prior Leadership/management skills that demonstrate the incumbent’s ability to plan, implement, and manage complex projects.
• Chairing Quality Management Meetings and Investigations.
Candidates that have relevant experience, know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should submit their applications, Curriculum vitae and academic certificates addressed to the Human Resource Manager on Email: email@example.com not later than Wednesday August 15th 2018 5.00pm.
Human Resource Department
Plot 14 A Akii Bua Road
P. O. Box 25261
Phone: +256 (0) 312 531 400
• Nakasero Hospital Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
• If you have not heard from us by 17th August 2018, please consider your application unsuccessful.
– Records Management
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org