We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Human Resource Manager: as indicated below:
Interested candidates should be able to
Strategically lead and plan for all Human Resource activities that will attract and support a vibrant and productive workforce and enable a desired organizational performance.
Key Result Areas
The Human Resource Manager manages the following functions:
1. Planning and forecasting for the Hospital’s workforce
2. Recruitment, selection, induction and orientation programmes
3. Staff development programs
4. Performance management system and entrenching a performance culture
5. Staff welfare and wellness programmes
6. Industrial relations, disciplinary and grievance
7. Development and implementation of Human Resource policies and procedures
8. Staff salary and benefits
9. Effective employee communication; among others
• Ability to multi-task and deal with diverse responsibilities.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Analytical ,communication and writing skills
• Problem-solving and creative work approach
• Excellent leadership skills with the ability to motivate others.
• Excellent management skills
Knowledge/Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s Degrees in Human Resource Management or Organizational Psychology or Business Administration with specialty in human resource, or a related field.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Management or related field and a post graduate diploma in Human Resource Management or Business Management
• A professional Human Resource certification would be an added advantage.
• Computer literacy in MS-office.
• At least seven years post qualification experience in a medium or large company in a human resource role, with at least three years in a managerial role.
How to apply
Candidates that have relevant experience, know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should submit their applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 30th March 2019.
Due to the high number of applications only those that are shortlisted will be contacted.
We are looking for candidates to fill the position of Chief Nursing Officer as indicated below:
Interested candidates should be able to:
Coordinate, and provide direction and guidance to the Nursing Division, mindful of the uniqueness of the departments therein. To promote and maintain caring and highly professional standards of nursing care, meeting the needs of the patients in all aspects and promoting job satisfaction for the nursing team. To provide leadership in quality management, patient care, operational and human resource management, as well as develop a strategic plan for future development.
Key Result Areas
The post holder is required to:-
• Practice as a professional nurse on regular basis with confidence, authority and expertise.
• Ensure the continuity of the expected standards of care by effective management of staff and resources
• Organize hospital based education sessions.
• Develop and maintain an up to date knowledge of statutory regulations which apply in the work situation and that of the nursing council of Uganda, and ensure nursing staff act in accordance with those regulations.
• Ensure that all patient valuables are dealt with as identified in the patient valuables policy.
• Mentor and develop nursing staff in patient care ensuring that their performance meets the Nakasero hospital standards of care.
• Maintain nursing quality assurance standards and develop audit process of the nursing practice.
• Advocate improvement in clinical practice and development of department based policies and procedures.
• Maintain infection control practices and standards.
• Ensure that all patient complaints related to nursing are investigated in accordance with the hospital policy and procedure.
• Development of patient care programs, policies, and procedures that describe how patient needs for nursing care, treatment, and services are assessed, evaluated, are met.
• Development and implementation of programs enhancing a culture of safety and accountability related to all aspects of patient care.
• Supervision and coordination of nursing personnel and delivery of nursing care on a 24 hour basis.
• Actively support the governing bodies of the hospital including but not limited to Board of Directors, clinicians forum and management team.
• Implementation of effective, ongoing programs to measure, assess and improve nursing care, treatment, and services delivered to patients.
• Integration of complex data to formulate decisions, develop programs and plans that optimize health, promote wellness, manage illness, and prevent complications or secondary disabilities.
• Maintain a safe practice and environment for the patients at all times.
• Act as a role model to other nurses on the unit.
• Maintain personal contact with patients periodically ensuring that they understand their treatment and that their needs are met.
• Communicate with other professional staff to ensure that the care given to patients is of appropriate standard.
• Take responsibility for ensuring maintenance of accurate records/ documentation for:
• Nursing assessment
• Follow up nursing care plan
• Family and patient education
• Make sure that all information concerning patients and their treatment remain confidential at all times.
The CNO is required to:-
• Maintain and develop own professional profile and identify development needs.
• Participate in performance appraisals where annual goals and objectives are set and met.
• Keep a link with other professionals and networking to keep up to date with the nursing practice
• Maintain credit hours for the Nakasero hospital and the nursing council of Uganda.
• Demonstrate ability to transmit knowledge, skills through nursing and patient education.
• Demonstrate leadership skills and negotiation skills.
• Knowledge of the nursing process, current, and legal aspects of documentation.
• Experience in budget preparation
• Demonstrate respect for and receptivity to other cultural norms and standards.
• Ability to identify and analyze problems and take appropriate decisions to resolve issues.
• Ability to express a personal philosophy of nursing.
Knowledge/Qualifications and Experience
• At least 10 years of nursing experience
• At least 5 years of management experience
• Proven ability to lead teams
• Ability to enact policies and procedures
• Ability to communicate effectively
• A comprehensive understanding of the nursing process and measurement
• Training in management or administration is desirable
Candidates that have relevant experience, know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should submit their applications to the HR office or by email on email@example.com no later than 5th April 2019 at 5:00pm
– Records Management
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org