Nakasero Hospital is a private hospital in Uganda that has been in operation since 2009. Our Mission is to provide quality, sustainable, compassionate health care by leveraging local and international talent and state-of-the-art technology.
As such we are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Legal and Compliance Officer.
Job Purpose: The Legal and Compliance Officer is responsible for the management of all legal issues relating to the hospital and its operations, ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and providing legal advisory services to the hospital management.
• Identify, define and update policies in line with the hospital’s objectives taking into account the provisions of all applicable Laws and regulations.
• Provide legal advisory services to support the hospital in its day-to-day operations.
• Liaise with the company’s external lawyers by following up on all legal matters
• Coordinate with hospital’s external lawyer(s) on all legal issues relating to the hospital
• Ensure Compliance with all applicable Laws and Regulations
• Draw legal documents on behalf of the hospital
• Conduct a legal review of all written correspondences to staff and other internal and external stakeholders
• Provide reporting to management on legal issues pertaining to the hospital
• Managing the review and renewal of all contracts with the hospital
• Custodian of Management reports and ensure that all Heads of department submit their reports every month
• Undertaking capacity building and awareness to the Board, and its Committees, Management and Staff on Legal and Compliance issues.
• Performing necessary administrative tasks, when required
Team player and interpersonal skills, Communication skills (both oral and written), Good planning, organization skills and analytical skills, Must have analytical and problem solving skills, Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision, Professional, mature and confident, Very Good interpersonal skills, Results oriented & Must be a diligent person able to withstand stressful work situations and tolerate demands for extra effort and work extra hours
Knowledge/Qualifications and Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Law from a recognized University
• A post-graduate diploma in Legal Practice
• Should have enrolled as an Advocate
• Experience of at least three years in a similar or busy environment in a reputable organization.
• Must be computer literate.
Candidates that have relevant experience, meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should submit their applications, Curriculum vitae and academic certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org or Deliver Hard Copies to the Human Resource Office at Nakasero Hospital on 2nd Floor addressed to the Human Resource Manager Not later than Friday May 7th 2021.
Nakasero Hospital provides an equal opportunity for all qualified persons and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, ethnicity, tribe, national origin, ancestry, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Canvassing or lobbying by an applicant directly or indirectly in connection with any appointment shall disqualify the applicant.
Nakasero Hospital does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.