We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Legal and Compliance Officer as indicated below:
Reporting to: The Human Resources Manager
Number of positions – (1)
Interested candidates are responsible for:
The management of all legal issues relating to the hospital and its operations, ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and providing legal advisory services to the hospital management.
Key Result areas
The post holder is required to:-
• Identify, define and update policies in line with the hospital’s objectives taking into account the provisions of all applicable Laws and regulations.
• Provide legal advisory services to support the hospital in its day-to-day operations.
• Liaise with the company’s external lawyers by following up on all legal matters
• Coordinate with hospital’s external lawyer(s) on all legal issues relating to the hospital
• Ensure Compliance with all applicable Laws and Regulations
• Draw legal documents on behalf of the hospital
• Conduct a legal review of all written correspondences to staff and other internal and external stakeholders
• Provide reporting to management on legal issues pertaining to the hospital
• Managing the review and renewal of all contracts with the hospital
• Undertaking capacity building and awareness to the Board, and its Committees, Management and Staff on Legal and Compliance issues.
• Any other duties assigned.
• Team player and interpersonal skills
• Communication skills (both oral and written)
• Good planning, organization skills and analytical skills
• Management skills
• Must have analytical and problem solving skills
• Decision making skills
• Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision;
• Professional, mature and confident.
• Very Good interpersonal skills
• Results oriented
Must be a diligent person able to withstand stressful work situations and tolerate demands for extra effort and work extra hours
Knowledge/Qualifications and Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Law from a recognized University
• A post-graduate diploma in Legal Practice
• Should have enrolled as an Advocate
• Experience of at least one year as an advocate
• Must be computer literate.
Candidates that have relevant experience, know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should submit their applications addressed to the Human Resource Manager at the HR office no later than the 23rd of November 2018, by 5.00pm.
– Records Management
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org