We are looking for a candidate to fill the position of ICT Officer: as indicated below:
Number of positions – (1)
Interested candidates should be able to
Manage in-house computer software systems and network connections to ensure high levels of availability, security of the supported business applications and the efficient operation of the company’s network, servers, databases, and equipment.
Key Result areas
The post holder is required to:-
• Work closely with the ICT Consultant and decision makers in other departments in order to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the Hospital
• Manage Nakasero Hospital’s ICT infrastructure following best practice.
• Provide timely reports to ICT Consultant and Chief Operating Officer
• Develop and implement robust processes to ensure that a high quality service is provided to Nakasero Hospital.
• Design and develop an enhanced reporting structure which ensures the early identification of issues and ensures minimum risk to the business.
• Perform network and security audits, test routine system backups and restores.
• Analyze system, server, application, network, and input/output device performance.
• Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
• Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases.
• Oversee all reports and documentation related to network and systems operations.
• Conduct system feasibility studies and testing.
• Provide end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
• Carry out ad hoc research projects as directed.
• Automating SQL Server tasks (SQL Jobs, Windows scripts, etc.)
• Good Knowledge on FSMO Roles assignment in AD environment
• Good Proficiency in System Fault Tolerance Design, Business continuity and Disaster recovery planning
• MCSE , VCP, ITIL (Would be added advantage)
• Experience on Merger and Demerger of active directory Environment
• Installing, configuring and maintaining Windows and Linux Servers / Virtualization
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft OFFICE
• Good documentation skills
• Making Standard Operating Procedures and Process Flowcharts
• Strong in File and Print Server Management; Knowledge in Windows Security; experienced in Antivirus products
• In-Depth knowledge of Domain Controllers replication configurations
• Good Exposure to Group Policies creation, their testing and implementation. In-Depth knowledge of DHCP servers designing and planning
• Good Exposure to Microsoft Exchange Server
• Deputize for the ICT Consultant where appropriate
• Management skills
• Must have analytical and problem solving skills
• Decision making skills
• Good oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision;
• Professional, mature and confident.
• Very Good interpersonal skills
• Results oriented
Knowledge/Qualifications and Experience
• A bachelor’s degree in Information and communication Technology from a reputable institution.
• Must have broad-based practical experience in deploying, managing and trouble-shooting different types of IT infrastructure.
• Experience in a busy hospital set up is a plus
• Knowledge of Navision is a plus
• Professional certifications are a plus
• Three years or more of work experience in a busy laboratory
We are looking for a candidate to fill the position of Theater Supervisor: as indicated below:
Number of positions – (1)
Interested candidates should be able to:
To promote and maintain caring and highly professional standards of nursing care meeting the needs of the patients in all aspects and promoting job satisfaction for nursing team.
Key Result areas
The post holder is required to:-
• To practice as a professional nurse on regular basis with confidence, authority and expertise.
• Ensure the continuity of the expected standards of care by effective management of staff and resources
• Organize unit- based education sessions.
• Develop and maintain an up to date knowledge of statutory regulations which apply in the work situation and of the nursing council of Uganda.
• Ensure that he/she and other staff act in accordance with the statutory regulations and related guidance. Particular attention is drawn to those regulations concerning control of drugs, health and safety, data protection and food hygiene.
• Ensure that all patient valuables are dealt with as identified in the patient valuables policy.
• Be smartly dressed and be neat and tidy at all times according to the uniform policy.
• Maintain good work habits as laid down by the Nakasero hospital Limited, including punctuality.
• Maintain discipline (for self and that of staff under supervision).
• Supervise, mentor and develop nursing staff in patient care ensuring that their performance meets the Nakasero hospital standards of care.
• Provide guidance and mentorship to staff and trainees to ensure all patients are treated with dignity, privacy and respect and that the patients are encouraged to be involved in decision making related to their care. The Supervisor must act as an advocate for patient rights.
• Participate in ward rounds and ensure that staff, reports, and tests are ready and available.
• Ensure that the ward is clean, neat, and tidy at all times. In case of issues regarding patient care environment, liaise with housekeeping supervisor for housekeeping to sort out issues.
• Maintain an equipment list and to ensure that equipment is available, functioning and serviced on a regular basis.
• Ensure the crash cart is available and that it is checked fully and stocked on a daily basis.
• Ensure that CSSD supplies and other sterile supplies are available and those used are charged appropriately.
• Ensure that the required stocks of linen supplies are available from laundry.
• Ensure that medication stocks are accurately maintained in conjunction with supervisor.
• Maintain nursing quality assurance standards and be involved in the auditing process of the nursing practice.
• Advocate improvement in clinical practice and assist in the development of unit based policies and procedures.
• Maintain infection control practices and standards and be involved in the same as required by the infection control nurse.
• Be aware of all hospital management policies in force and act in accordance with those policies. Attention is drawn to local fire regulations and action to be taken in the event of fire or major disaster.
• Participate in the organization wide and nursing orientation programme in place.
• Investigate and document quality assurance incidents on staff, patients visitors and others promptly and thoroughly and to complete the incident form and write statements if required. Ensure that it is done promptly and not necessarily by self.
• Ensure that all complaints are investigated in accordance with the hospital policy and procedure. All complaints must be reported to the appropriate manager and supervisor without delay.
• Demonstrate ability to transmit knowledge, skills through patient education.
• Demonstrate safe and competent care in chosen area of clinical practice with commitment to excellence in nursing practice.
• Knowledge of the nursing process, current, and legal aspects of documentation.
• Experience in budget preparation, equipment
• Demonstrate respect for and receptivity to other cultural norms and standards.
• Have a positive attitude and integrity, be honest and show respect for individuals.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrate leadership skills by taking on shift –leading role, being a role model and preceptor.
• Ability to identify and analyze problems and take appropriate decisions to resolve issues.
• Ability to express a personal philosophy of nursing.
Knowledge/Qualifications and Experience
• Diploma/degree from accredited school of nursing
• Certificate of Registration with the Nursing Council.
• Experience of 3 or more years continuous clinical nursing experience in an acute care hospital.
• Valid practicing license.
• Computer literacy is a must.
• Other unit-based requirements.
We are looking for a candidate to fill the position of Dialysis Team Leader as indicated.
Number of position – One (1)
The role of the Dialysis Team Leader will be to plan, organize, implement, and evaluate patient Care, coordinates, and delegates, provides, direct nursing care for patients and oversees the daily functions of the dialysis staff providing supervision for team members in accordance with their level of training and the patient’s acuity.
• Oversees the preparation of the delivery system and dialyzer and confirms that all mandatory tests on the dialyzer equipment are performed.
• Reviews physician orders for dialysis patients, collects pre-treatment dialysis data, and reviews patient records prior to dialysis.
• Verifies that patients are taking all prescribed medications and performs medication reconciliation.
• Conducts pre-dialysis assessment including obtaining patient vital signs and assessing the patient’s vascular access, labs, and the patients general health.
• Documents findings of patient assessment and interventions and advises providers of any significant change in the patient’s condition and other pertinent information.
• Discusses patient concerns and answers questions relevant to care.
• Oversees dialysis technicians in the performance of dialysis from start to finish, monitors patient reaction to treatment and performance of the dialysis machines, and demonstrates an in-depth understanding of the mechanics of dialysis.
• Maintains skills necessary to perform surveillance on dialysis access (Catheter, fistula, graft) for early signs of failure or infection; this includes (if needed and after receiving the appropriate training) the ability to perform arteriovenous access monitoring using ultrasound machine per protocol.
• Review’s patient’s records for ordered as appropriate and administers dialysis- related intra venous and/ or oral medications as prescribed and/ or per protocol.
• Provides patient education/teaching applicable to the patient’s medical condition.
• Refers patients to other disciplines or services as needed (nutrition, social work, etc).
• Performs other treatments and diagnostics tests such as blood sugar testing and other tests required as part of patient treatment.
• Oversees disassembly and disinfection of dialysis equipment.
• Performs surveillance and testing of dialysis water treatment equipment and dialysis water (such as chlorine, hardness, conductivity, water cultures) to ensure that these machines are operating within the parameters set in the facility’s written protocols.
• Demonstrates a working knowledge of dialysis laboratory tests and dialysis medications.
• Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of infection control and prevention of transmission of blood borne pathogens.
• Responds appropriately and provides assistance in emergency situations.
• Provides leadership in improving patient care, directing and teaching personnel in a variety of settings, and providing charge nurse responsibilities as needed.
• Works closely with others on the dialysis team and participates in interdisciplinary team meetings.
• Provides orientation to new dialysis staff members.
• Maintains appropriate supply level of specialized dialysis consumables.
• Monitors and ensures dialysis machines are properly maintained.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications and experience
• Registration in Nursing Diploma
• Minimum of 3 years nursing experience
• Current BLS Certification
• Current ACLS Certification
• Ability to enact policies and procedures.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• A comprehensive understanding of the nursing processes.
• A good understanding of the medical/health care and hospitality industry
• Excellent communication supervision and management skills
• Self motivated and result orientated
• Problem solving, critical thinking skills and sound decision making
• Analysis and planning skills
• Leadership and organizing skills
• Negotiation skills
Candidates that have relevant experience, know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should submit their applications addressed to the Human Resource Manager at the HR office no later than October 12th 2018, 5.00pm.
– Records Management
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com