Nakasero Hospital is a private hospital that was started by a group of Consultant Doctors in 2009 who came together with a goal of setting up a world class hospital that would meet the healthcare needs of Ugandans and East Africans who were seeking medical treatment outside the region, due to the gap in quality healthcare services in the country.
In all we do, we must remember this background and uphold this goal, guided by the vision, mission and values of the hospital.
Our Mission is to provide quality, sustainable, compassionate health care by leveraging local and international talent and state-of-the-art technology.
A. HEAD CHEF
JOB PURPOSE: Head Chef is to direct, coordinate food planning and preparation services in accord with program guidelines, applicable sanitation standards and contractual obligations amongst the team.
• Direct, coordinate and supervise food or beverage preparation
• Monitor performance of kitchen staff
• Investigate customer complaints
• Maintain production or work records
• Determine costing of meals and preparation of budget along with the Head of Catering and cafeteria supervisor
• Modify work procedures or processes to improve efficiency in the kitchen.
• Schedule kitchen staff work hours
• Estimate Materials or labour requirements
• Inspect facilities or equipment for regulatory compliance
• Oversee work progress to verify safety and conformance to standards
• Plan both patient and walk in menus
• Requisition stock, materials ,supplies and equipment’s
Knowledge skills and Abilities
• Ability to multi-task and deal with diverse responsibilities.
• Interpersonal skills.
• Analytical, communication and writing skills.
• An analytical, problem-solving and creative work approach.
• Ability to Lead others
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum of a Diploma in catering.
• At least four years working experience as a Chef
B. PHARMACY AUXILIARY NURSE – (1) One position
Purpose: The Auxiliary Nurse is primarily charged with ensuring that hospital drugs are issued out to clients in an efficient manner, adhering to prescriptions and protocol in accordance to systems in the pharmacy
Counseling of clients and promoting patient adherence
Ensuring that records of all consumables (or otherwise) are kept in an efficient and effective manner including those of daily consumption.
Dispensing drugs to patients with proper instructions
Advising patients and attendants on proper use and storage of medicines.
Provide drug information to patients, clients and other health professionals in the hospital.
To participate in rational use of drugs so as to uphold primary health care activities in communities.
Ensuring appropriate storage of drugs/items that need special attention like vaccines and other sensitive drugs.
To perform any other duties as may be required from time to time.
• Team player and interpersonal skills
• Communication skills (both oral and written)
• Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision;
• Professional, mature and confident.
• Very Good interpersonal skills
• Results oriented
• Must be a diligent person able to withstand stressful work situations and tolerate demands for extra effort and work extra hours
Knowledge/Qualifications and Experience
• A diploma in Nursing/Midwifery
• Pharmacy training from PSU
• Experience of at least 1 year in dispensing.
Candidates that have relevant experience, meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above positions, should submit their applications, Curriculum vitae and academic certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Human Resource Manager Not later than Friday, 20th March 2020.
Nakasero Hospital provides an equal opportunity for all qualified persons and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, ethnicity, tribe, national origin, ancestry, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Canvassing or lobbying by an applicant directly or indirectly in connection with any appointment shall disqualify the applicant.
Nakasero Hospital does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.